Social media can be a great way to share your art and connect with others. For those who are looking to promote their art, social media can be a great tool in order to gain visibility and drive traffic to your shop. It also acts as free advertising so you never need to spend a dime on ads. Also, as a passionate artist you want your work to be seen and appreciated so what better way than to put it out into the world. It’s also a great way to meet other like-minded artists to connect, inspire, and form long-lasting relationships with.
Loyal fans can eventually turn into customers and followers can translate to sales. It is best to follow these social media tips to increase engagement and grow your following organically:
- Post your artwork for others to see. A personal account works great but if you are wanting to track the insights and analytics of your account, it is recommended to create a business account.
- Post consistently – post various types of content (not solely pictures of your artwork), post valuable content. Post video content and make use of all features of the platform. Be creative!
- When posting artwork its important to include mock-ups in addition to close-ups.
- Show up on your feed and stories, people want to see and connect with the artist behind the artpiece.
- Check the analytics and insights to track your progress and set short-term and long-term goals for yourself to reach.
- Build a following and engage with others daily – respond to comments and dms, comment on other posts and interact with their stories, share posts of others on your story, be active and social.
- Use relevant hashtags to attract new followers/customers to your page. Use location and tagging.
- Include a link to your shop in your bio.
- Be present on the social media channels that your ideal customer is likely to hang out in. The best platforms are instagram and facebook.
- Include a CTA in your posts and make it clear in your bio and profile what you do, who you are, who you serve.
- Stay consistent with your shop and handle name across all platforms so others can easily find you.
- Tip: Do not buy followers or likes. This can have an undesirable outcome.